$72 Million Jury Verdict for Ovarian Cancer Victim
If you’ve used Johnson & Johnson Talc Baby Powder®, Shower to Shower® or other talc products, you may entitled to significant compensation. Johnson & Johnson knew for decades that their talc products cause ovarian cancer. They chose to hide the information from women that use their products and trusted the company.
Women use talc powder on sensitive areas of their bodies. They also use it on family members not knowing the significant health dangers posed.
After news of a settlement broke Monday, Volkswagen’s diesel emissions scandal settlement will indeed hit $15 billion in the US. The official paperwork was filed with the Justice Department today, the automaker will shell out $14.7 billion in two separate settlements — one with the United States and the state of California and another with the Federal Trade Commission. Figures have continued to rise since the initial reports of $5,000 per vehicle in April rose to $10,000 each. That money, which totals just over $10 billion, will be used to buy back affected vehicles at their pre-cheating scandal price. The actual payouts will range from $5,100 to $10,000 plus the value of the car before news of the emissions test first broke.
I am pleased to share that I have been awarded the AVVO Clients’ Choice Award. Feel free to click the badge at the bottom of my website and take a look at my client ratings and reviews. To all my clients, thank you very much!
Bill B. Berke
The steps to properly buckle a baby in to a car seat are:
- Don’t panic
- Make sure it’s the right fit
- Keep the head in a safe position
- Make the straps snug
- Recline the car seat properly
- Swaddle after strapping in
- Set up some entertainment
- Talk it out
Follow the link to watch a full video of all the steps.
The Atlantic hurricane season is June to November, with the peak season from mid-August to late October. On average there are 6 hurricanes, three which are categorized as “major,” each year. History provides important examples of the potentially dangerous impact hurricanes can have and the need to be prepared.
- Unplug your appliances and power cords from outlets to protect them from power surges. Stay indoors during the hurricane and away from windows and glass
- If you plan to use a portable generator, ESFI recommends a licensed electrician install it to ensure it will operate safely. Use flashlights as a source of light. Candles are a fire hazard
- Test your home’s carbon monoxide detectors and smoke alarms to ensure they’re functioning. Never operate a generator inside your home or in other enclosed or partially enclosed spaces, including garage
- Use a battery operated radio to stay informed about important safety update
For more information on hurricane season follow the link below.
Drowning is a leading cause of death among children, including infants and toddlers. Most infant drowning occur either in the bathtub or in buckets, since they are not able to move around much on their own. As they get older between one and four years most commonly drown in swimming pools. Children older than five years old are most likely to drown in rivers and lakes, but this varies from one area of the country to another. It is important to know that children can drown in even one inch of water.
With that in mind, here are a few things you must do in case of an emergency.
- Get your child out of the water immediately, then check to see if she is breathing on her own. If she is not, begin CPR immediately.
- If someone else is present, send him or her to call for emergency medical help, but don’t spend precious moments looking for someone, and don’t waste time trying to drain water from your child’s lungs.
- Concentrate instead on giving her rescue breathing and CPR until she is breathing on her own. Vomiting of swallowed water is very likely during CPR.
- Only when the child’s breathing has resumed should you stop and seek emergency help. Call 911. Once the paramedics arrive, they will administer oxygen and continue CPR if necessary.
If you would like to know more about this topic, or have further questions please navigate to the follow link. Here at the Berke Law Firm we want you and your family to be safe. Thank you for your time.